Computer viruses and malware are becoming far more prevalent than ever before. Unfortunately, your firewall or computer security software may not protect you from every possible threat. Texas Technology is highly trained in virus and malware removal and are always ready to help clean up your computer of unwanted software, restoring it to its original working condition so that you can get on with your life.
Types of Computer Viruses
Viruses come in many forms. Some are merely annoying, and some are of severe malicious intent, meant to rob you of your personal information, passwords, identity, and finances. If your computer has been affected by any of these potential threats, you need to address the issue before it gets out of hand and causes too much damage.
Malicious software, Trojan horses, viruses, adware, and spyware can enter your local network through many gateways, including:
- Inadvertently downloading from a seemingly harmless e-mail or site
- As an add-on to an installed software update
- Visiting sites that are only meant to steal your personal information or data
Some tips to avoid malware and viruses include:
- Only download software and updates from sites you trust
- Do not click on links in emails that look odd or suspicious, even if they are coming from ‘friends’. Your friend’s computer could have been compromised!
- Always read the terms and conditions before downloading new software
- If an email looks suspicious, even if you think it is coming from a trusted source, investigate fully and completely before responding
- Check securelist.com often for an updated list of common computer virus scams
- Limit the number of users who can access your computer
- Password-protect all downloads to prevent unwanted software installations
- Be wary of sites offering free stuff in exchange for your personal information
- Ensure that when purchasing goods from the internet that you are on a secure connection (check the URL address at the top of your browser window: it should start with ‘https’)
Here are a few symptoms that might help you determine if your computer is infected by a virus:
- Pages you navigate to in your browser will redirect to other pages (adware)
- No matter what you do, your computer, mouse or keyboard will not respond
- Crashing for no reason, or self-restarting
- Files missing, or extra/duplicate files suddenly appear
- Applications not responding as they should
- Unusual error messages
- Incessant pop-ups
- Discs or drives are inaccessible
Computer Technical Support for Virus, Adware and Malware Removal
Texas Technology uses a strategic, step-by-step method to rid your computer of any and all possible threats. While having an up-to-date, active and functioning anti-virus service is very important, it can’t protect you from every possible issue. We specialize in restoring your computer to safe conditions, and can do so remotely so that your computer can remain at home. Repairs are conducted through a secure remote connection, during which we access your computer and identify the specific threat, and disable and eliminate it from your system. No matter what platform you are using, no matter what type of device, we guarantee we can achieve fast results and get you back on track in no time.